The World – Are you a “fan” or a “follower”? – April 10, 2020
The difference between a fan and a follower lies in understanding what it is to be DEVOTED. Jesus was devoted to do the will of the Father, no matter what the cost.
God’s Word clearly gives us the promise that – “And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being save.”
On condition that: “They DEVOTED themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. EVERYONE was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had EVERYTHING in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. EVERYDAY they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. AND THE LORD ADDED TO THEIR NUMBER DAILY THOSE WHO WERE BEING SAVED.” (Acts 2:42-47)
The Greek word for DEVOTED is “proskartereo”.
(1) To adhere to one, be his adherent, to be devoted or constant to one;
(2) To be steadfastly attentive unto, to give unremitting care to a thing;
(3) To continue all the time in a place;
(4) To persevere and not to faint;
(5) To show one’s self courageous for;
(6) To be in constant readiness for one, wait on constantly.